On a beautiful day with no humidity, I have no problem with styling my hair into a blown out, voluminous look that looks like I just walked out of a salon (not my words...) without styling products(creams, gels, etc.) and not much effort. In fact, it's quite easy and fast. I use 6-8 velvet-flocked 1.25" hot rollers (they're almost extinct right?) on my dry, non-brushed hair, leave them in for no more than a few minutes (you'll have to test this out depending on how your hair holds curl), shake my hair out a bit after the rollers are out, and voilà: full, naturally tousled hair...until it rains, snows or is just humid!
I recently bought a curling iron which I have avoided my entire adult life since I thought it would be too difficult to use. To be honest, I didn't think that I had the patience for it, but now that I have it I love it. The direct heat for extra control combined with an ability to target specific sections of my hair in different ways has completely transformed my hair styling options. The bonus, it's much easier than I thought.
My new simple hair styling routine for the days that I need it to last:
- Use the hot rollers as described above. I love them 'velvet-flocked', because they are more gentle to my hair.
- Add a small amount of heat protectant oil from the middle to the ends of hair.
- Hold the T3 curling iron (1.25" barrel) vertically and curl away from face for front sections. For back, it helps to randomly curl in different directions to give hair more movement and keep it natural looking.
- Flip head and add a small amount of TRESemmé Root Lifting Cream to hair roots, especially where you need it most. I find this cream to be great for holding volume at the roots without using a hairspray which can make the hair feel stiff. I received this amazing product courtesy of TRESemmé team during NYFW last Fall and it is now a part of my hair styling essentials kit.
- Flip head back, shape hair a little with your fingers if needed, and... you're done! This all takes me approximately 10-15 mins.
I researched many curling irons before I decided to purchase the T3. Particularly love this one for its interchangeable barrel, great quality, auto world voltage, 360º swivel cord, automatic shut-off, and it also didn't hurt that I love the way it looks...
From my Instagram feed (are you following me yet?) after I styled it:
Question? Leave them in the comments here or on my Ig feed...